Social Media Marketing Top 20 Tips
Thanks to technology there has been a boom in the growth of social media platforms and networks. Social media was something that was invented for youngsters to socialize but today people of all age groups use these platforms to stay connected with each other. Businesses saw a tremendous opportunity here to reach out to their target audience on a massive level without having to take a lot of effort. And by now you should also know that social media marketing is the cheapest form of marketing. With the top strategies and tools, you can make use of the social media to catapult your brand to popularity.
The problem that marketers face today is the immense competition. When you put something new out on the market, and it starts providing results everyone runs behind it, isn’t it? This is what exactly happened in social media marketing. All the companies big and small, new and old started leveraging the social media for marketing and as a result, there was too much of everything strewn all over the place. Now the challenge is to come up with strategies that can cut through all the clutter and reach out to your audience. Although the solution might sound simple, it is not like that. To make the most out of social media marketing, you need to know a few knick-knacks.
Here is a list of the top 20 social media marketing tips –
- Create fresh content regularly – To keep your consumers or customers hooked on to your product or brand, there needs to be a regular interaction between the brand and consumer. When you post fresh content and make updates regularly, you are forming a stronger bond with your customers, and they start to trust your brand even more.
- Post Sensible Content – Now that you know the importance of regularly posting fresh content, you also need to know the importance of posting interesting content. If you come across an interesting piece of content you are more likely to share it and follow the brand, isn’t it? And if the content is total nonsense, you will be put off by the brand, and it loses its credibility too. And so it is very crucial that you update your social media page with unique and engaging content.
- Share others content – When you share relevant content its sends the message that you are a very secure brand and know what is significant for your followers, buying more followers is really powerful.
- Make the best use of the social media platforms – There are several big platforms out there such as Instagram and Facebook, and then the smaller ones like Pinterest, Tumblr, etc. Try out all the platforms irrespective of their popularity.
- Enhance visibility every day – This is important especially if you are a new brand or a small business. Since there is a lot of competition nowadays, you need to keep out an eye for opportunities that will help you improve your social visibility.
- Encourage interaction on your site – Respond! Respond! Respond! Answer to relevant questions on your social media page like Facebook and Twitter. Organize competitions on the page as it makes everything fun.
- Experiment with looks – Why do we change our appearance? – Because it makes us interesting! Similarly, your media page also needs a change in colors and its layout to make the brand look refreshing and engaging.
- Make maximum use of images – Keep posting vibrant and fun images because images engage more audience than texts, and someone gain more instagram followers to promote their profiles. It helps to attract more number of people to your page.
- Analysis your page regularly – Always keep a tab on how visitors respond and react to your posts. This will let you know what works and what doesn’t. So in future, you can come up with a better plan.
- Post more videos – Videos too have a better advantage in attracting and engaging audiences. Since platforms like YouTube and Netflix are providing the opportunities for posting videos then why not make use of it.
- Keep tweets under 100 characters – This is more convenient for visitors to share your tweets.
- Be consistent with media posts – If you are posting on multiple social media platforms make sure that you keep a consistency in your content but you can, of course, make use of different content formats.
- Go live – Make social media experience more engaging. Use Google Hangouts and live Twitter events to make it more real.
- Do Hashtags – Oh no, do not add hashtags to everything, it shows your social media illiteracy. Do a little homework and find out the popular hashtag terms and add it to your postings. It offers you more visibility and more audience.
- Newbies stick to one platform at a time – If you are newly stepping into social media marketing take baby steps. Start with one platform and once you get the hang of it, you can then move on to the next one and then the next. Slowly work your way to the popular media platforms. So when you do it slow, you don’t burn out, and you will be able to work more efficiently.
- Use Infographics – Infographics are the most efficient way of communicating a message to the audience; it is visually appealing and easy to decipher. So post attractive infographics on your page more better engagement!
- Analyze your competitors’ social media postings – This helps you to know if you are on the right track and if you need to make any changes.
- Organize contests – People love to take part in competitions and win goodies. When you organize an event and if done in the right way it will create a huge buzz and attract more visitors.
- Automate – When managing multiple sites doing everything manually may take a toll on your efficiency. You can avoid this with automation so that you will be reminded about posts updates regularly.
- Make use of your email list – You can expand your social media content by using the email lists. This drives in more traffic.
If you can make the right use of social media, you can reach out to more number of people in a short time.